What truly unprecedented times we are living in! The state of Illinois is moving into Tier 3 mitigations as of November 20. The YMCA remains OPEN for business, but some changes are going to be required.
Here's a brief overview of modifications.
- Cardio/Strength centers will remain open at 25% capacity, reservations required and strictly enforced.
- All individuals over the age of 2 will be required to wear a face covering, even while working out.
- Group exercise and aqua fitness classes will be suspended (last classes on Thursday), but we are expanding our virtual offerings. More details coming soon!
- Basketball reservations will be reduced to 1 individual per hoop.
- Racquetball reservations will be reduced to 1 individual per court (practice only).
- All in-person group sports and recreation will be suspended (swim lessons, family swim, rock wall, pickleball, tae kwon do, swim team). We encourage you to move to one-on-one instruction or virtual services, if possible.
- Locker rooms will remain open for swimmers only.
What is NOT changing?
- The indoor track will remain open.
- All 1-on-1 training will continue and additional offerings will be made available.
- Barring any further mitigation requirements, the pools will remain open for lap swim and individual water exercise.
- All childcare programs (including Kids' Care, Kids' Time, CLC and Camp) remain unaffected by the new mitigations at this time.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we follow state and health requirements. We want to ensure the safety of our members and staff during this season.
Click here to keep up-to-date on all YMCA COVID news.