*Updated July 12, 2021
SwedishAmerican Riverfront and Northeast Family YMCA:
- Youth ages 0-9 may come to the Y, but must be under parent or guardian supervision at all times, unless checked into childcare or a supervised program. It is NOT permissible to have a child age 0-9 sit/observe or be in a child carrier while a parent works out or attends a class.
- Youth ages 10-12 may come to the Y, but a parent or guardian must remain in the facility.
- Youth ages 10-12 may use cardio equipment under parent supervision after completion of a youth orientation.
- Youth age 13 and over are allowed to be in the facility without an adult, provided they are YMCA members.
- Youth ages 13-15 may use cardio equipment and weight machines after a youth orientation. Free weights are not allowed.
Puri Family YMCA:
- Ages 10-12 may use the cardio equipment, under parent supervision, and upon completion of an orientation. Youth 0-9 are not permitted at our Puri location.
Swimming Age Considerations:
- Swimmers ages 10-12 must have a parent or guardian in the building with them, but not necessarily in the pool area.
- Swimmers ages 9 and under, who cannot pass the swim test, must have a parent or guardian in the water with them. In this case, the parent would need his/her own reservation.
- Swimmers ages 9 and under, who can pass the swim test, must have their parent/guardian on the pool deck.