Member Code of Conduct
The YMCA of Rock River Valley as an organization is committed to the principles of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith. All members and guests are expected to reflect these values in their personal conduct toward staff and other members and guests.
The YMCA of Rock River Valley retains the right to deny access, or suspend or cancel a membership when a member’s conduct is determined to endanger the safety of others or interfere with another member’s enjoyment and reasonable use of YMCA facilities.
• Use appropriate language to avoid offending others.
• Avoid loud or boisterous behavior that could offend or disturb other people or classes.
• Seek to help or get assistance for those in need.
• Do not take things that do not belong to you.
• Report any inappropriate or illegal conduct to a YMCA staff person immediately.
• Return any lost or misplaced items to the Member Experience Center.
• Refrain from passing or sharing your membership card with anyone else.
• Enter and exit the facility honestly and appropriately.
• Respect other people’s right to participate in the same area.
• Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
• Have fun, but not at the expense of others.
• Please do not smoke, we are a smoke free environment.
• Follow the safety rules and other guidelines posted in and around the building.
• Avoid foul language, arguing, fighting or any other form of harassment or intimidation.
• Members are responsible for their own behavior and that of their guests.
• The YMCA is a “neutral zone”. Avoid displaying gang jewelry, clothing, symbols, hand signs, etc.
• Promptly report any illegal, suspicious, or inappropriate behavior to a YMCA staff person.
• To develop your relationship with God, to be a seeker of truth, to trust God with your life, to be sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.
• And without FAITH it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.