The YMCA of Rock River Valley Stingrays swim team just finished a successful Winter season and are looking to expand the team for their Summer season.
The Stingrays placed 1st at their District Championships in 2023, and 5th out of 29 teams at the IL Y State Championships.
A few team highlights:
- The team moved up three spots from 8th last year at the State Championships to 5th in 2023.
- The Rays had 15 State titles, and the 21 & under boys relay team swept all 4 relays at State.
- The team had over 40 top-3 finishes on the podium at State.
- The team sent 6 swimmers and 5 relays to compete at YMCA Nationals in Greensboro, NC.
- The team is ranked #2 in the state of IL.
Rookie Week will take place August 21 to 25 at the SwedishAmerican Riverfront YMCA, 200 Y Boulevard in Rockford. The schedule is as follows:
Swimmers 8 & Under:
4:30 - 5:15 p.m.
Swimmers 9 & Over:
5:15 - 6:15 p.m. (MWF)
6:15-7:15 p.m. (T/TH)
Rookie week is for swimmers who have not been on the team before. These sessions will allow the coaches to assess each swimmer and place them in the appropriate level. Our team consists of 5 levels from beginner to advanced. YMCA membership is not required to participate in Rookie Week, but there is a $15 fee. Register at one of the Y membership experience desks or click here for online registration.
About the YMCA Stingrays
The YMCA Stingrays is a year-round competitive swim team offering quality coaching and technique instruction for all ages. The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve personal success at his or her ability level, from the novice to national competitor. Learn more about the Stingrays at www.ymcaraysswimteam.org or contact Coach Dan Vale with any questions at email@example.com.